Trinity Episcopal Church's history spans three centuries. Trinity Episcopal Church observed its 150th anniversary as an Anoka faith community in 2008, and its 50th anniversary in this church building in 2015.
Trinity was founded in September 1858, when Anoka had 500 inhabitants and four other religious parishes and congregations, including Congregational, Methodist, Roman Catholic, and Baptist. The new Episcopal congregation conducted services in a local schoolhouse until its first church building, at the corner of Fourth Avenue and Jackson Street in Anoka, was consecrated in July 1860.
That first Trinity was a small building, seating about 90 people. Even with the addition of an undercroft (basement) and a parish hall, it was outgrown before the parish celebrated its centennial. The second Trinity, the present church building at Sixth Avenue and South Street, was ready for services in time for Christmas 1965. By the end of January 1966, the Sunday school and church offices were in place. This building, too, was outgrown and, in 1989, the Johnson Room was built, and the original parish hall was divided into several classrooms. The building also has an industrial kitchen.
Trinity Episcopal Church, Anoka, one of the oldest Episcopal parishes in Minnesota, is now well on the way to filling out its second hundred years of active service.